If you love chocolate this dessert is for you. It is a gluten free version of Cracker Barrel’s famous double chocolate fudge cake.
Eating out when gluten free is very challenging. Eating dessert while eating out is even harder, so I love it when I can come up with a copy cat version at home that I can make gluten free.
This recipe is a gluten free version of a really rich and delicious chocolate cake and it is so good. Add a little vanilla ice cream and it is even better.
This is fudgey and dense and oh so very good. And did I mention it is gluten free.
This is one of those cakes that you can serve anyone and they will not know it is gluten free. It is that good!
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups coca cola
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup coca cola
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in a large bowl in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Stir in eggs and sugar. Beat on medium speed until well mixed.
- Mix in oil and vanilla.
- Add coca cola and stir well.
- Add rice flour, sweet rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix just until combined.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 32-35 minutes or until cake is done.
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and coca cola and mix until smooth. This will be easier to get smooth using an electric mixer.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Let cake sit several hours before serving so that frosting will set up.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 574Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 263mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 2gSugar: 56gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.