When I posted a picture of these on Facebook one night when we had them for dinner, you all went crazy and wanted the recipe. So, I knew it was a recipe I had to share.
I am not sure if this should count as part of my homemade favorites series, but since it is a homemade version of a restaurant favorite I decided to include it.
Homemade Chili Cheese Fries are so quick and easy to make. They are one of my favorite quick and easy dinners, especially when I have chili in the freezer.
I will say chili cheese fries are all about the chili and the potatoes. So use your favorites. The better the chili the better the chili cheese fries.
I love to use one of my favorite homemade chili recipes, which is cattle drive chili, but you can use your favorite chili recipe or even canned. That is the fun of this recipe, you can change it up with whatever chili you have on hand or in the freezer.
This is also one of those great cook once, eat twice, meals. A large batch of chili one day and the leftovers for chili cheese fries the next. YUM!
- 1- 28 ounce bag frozen french fries
- 4 cups chili, I like homemade, but you can use whatever chili you enjoy
- 3 cups shredded cheddar or other similar cheese
- Spread french fries onto a cookie sheet or pan and bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
- In a small pan heat chili until heated through. Spread chili over fries that have been partially cooked.
- Sprinkle chili with cheese and return fries to the oven for 10 more minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 555Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 1361mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 27g