Instant Pot Applesauce makes homemade applesauce quick, easy, and delicious!
Applesauce has become one of my favorite things to cook in my Instant Pot.
It is so easy to make and works well for apples that are past their prime. As in they are not crispy, no one really wants to eat them, but you want to avoid throwing them out. I am guessing my house is not the only one that ends up with apples like that.
Applesauce in the Instant Pot is pretty basic. I like to keep it simple. The one thing I do a little different than most recipes is that I use brown sugar instead of white sugar. I love the flavor brown sugar gives it.
If you have an Instant Pot and haven’t tried applesauce. Give it a try. I think you will love how easy it is to make!
Looking for more recipes for the Instant Pot? Be sure to check out my huge list of Instant Pot Recipes and my list of gluten free Instant Pot Recipes.
Tools Used To Make Recipe
- 8 or 9 apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place apples, water, brown sugar, and cinnamon in Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it into place. Be sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Cook on manual for 8 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure.
- When the pressure has released remove the lid.
- Mash/puree using a blender or an immersion blender. If you like chunky applesauce you can use a potato masher instead of a blender.
The time on this may vary depending on the type of apples and the size of the slices, but I have found that 8 minutes in general works well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 5gSugar: 29gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.