A few weeks ago I shared my recipe for no-churn peach ice cream. Today I have another delicious no-churn ice cream for you and this one includes chocolate!
Chocolate makes everything better right?
Most of the no-churn ice creams are pretty basic. Sweetened condensed milk, whipping cream, and various add ins.
For this recipe I made it double chocolate by adding cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips.
If you have never tried no-churn ice cream you need to. It is so easy and delicious!
To make it a little different you can also stir in a few drops of Peppermint Vitality Oil for an easy homemade chocolate peppermint ice cream. If you have never tried Peppermint Vitality Oil in your cooking let me know and I will show you how you can get your own. It is my favorite way to add peppermint flavor to recipes.
No Churn Double Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4-6 drops of Peppermint Vitality essential oil (Optional but good for a peppermint chocolate ice cream)
- In a bowl whisk together sweetened condensed milk, baking, cocoa, vanilla extract, and salt. Set aside.
- Place cream in a mixing bowl and beat on medium high until firm peaks form.
- Fold about half of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture. Add remaining whipped cream and fold just until whipped cream is mixed in.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips. (For the peppermint ice cream also stir in the peppermint vitality oil. For a mild peppermint flavor use 4 drops for a stronger peppermint flavor use 6 drops.)
- Spread mixture into a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Place in freezer for 6-8 hours or until firm. At about 6 hours this is soft serve. Allow 8 or more hours, for a more solid ice cream.