This one pot cabbage roll casserole is a simple one pot dinner that is easy and delicious to make.
One Pot Dinners
One pot recipes save time in the kitchen. They save time when you prep the recipe. They usually save time cooking the recipe. And the clean up is so much quicker and easier when you dirty only one pot or pan.
Cabbage Roll Casserole
Today’s one pot meal is even better because it contains the vegetable too!
Yes, the other recipes can all be meals all by themselves, but when you add a vegetable to your one pot meal it makes it even better.
For this recipe I took the basic idea of a cabbage roll or an oven cabbage roll casserole and turned it into a simple one pot cabbage roll casserole.
I will totally admit that this might not be an actual casserole because casseroles are oven meals and this is a stove top dinner. But this recipe is the same idea and flavors of an oven cabbage casserole. It is just made easier by cooking it on the stove top.
Is this a one pot gluten free recipe?
Yes, this recipe is gluten free! In fact, this is normal food that just happens to be gluten free. As always though read labels to make sure that all your ingredients are gluten free.
What do I need to make cabbage casserole?
Cabbage casserole is a fairly basic, although not very pretty, meal. You do not need anything special to make this recipe.
- ground beef
- pasta sauce
- beef broth
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 24-ounce jar pasta sauce (29-ounce jar works too)
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -14 ounce cans beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds cole slaw mix
- In a large pan cook ground beef and onion until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Drain off any fat.
- Add pasta sauce, rice, salt, broth, and water to pan.
- Bring to a boil. Stir and reduce to a simmer.
- Stir in cabbage. Cover and cook on low for 20 minutes or until rice is done. Add a little more water if needed while cooking.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 474Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 1028mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 30g