It is no secret that my family loves cookies for breakfast. Over the last few years, I have shared several versions of them. Today’s recipe is adapted from my Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies.
I realized that I have made these quite a few times, but have never shared them. I knew I had to change that because they are perfect for a special breakfast treat.
These breakfast cookies are easy to make ahead and they freeze great. That works perfectly this time of year where life gets crazy and you need an easy breakfast.
I also love that these can be made gluten-free simply by using gluten-free oats. They also work dairy-free if you use coconut milk and coconut oil.
And since my daughter has a peanut allergy, I now make them with soy butter or Sunbutter. So, these cookies are easy to adapt to make them just how you need them.
If you have never tried breakfast cookies you need to make these peanut butter chocolate breakfast cookies. Your family will love them!
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats ( use gluten-free oats for gf version)
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or peanut butter substitute
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together and stir well.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350 for 11-12 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 5g