My family loves it when I serve coffee cake for breakfast. It is a fun treat that everyone loves.
This pumpkin chocolate chip coffee cake combines several recipes that I found into a great special breakfast or dessert.
The thing that makes this cake extra delicious is the topping. Don’t leave it off. It is a little bit different than most coffee cake toppings, but it is so good.
This is going to be on our menu a lot over the next two months because it will make a great holiday breakfast.
For Cake Batter
- 2/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1- 15 ounce can canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling, just pumpkin)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour works great for a gf version)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl beat together oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, salt, and baking powder. Mix until smooth.
- Add flour, mixing just until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 pan.
- For the topping in a bowl combine melted butter and brown sugar until combined. The mixture will be slightly crumbly. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon/sprinkle mixture evenly over cake batter.
- Bake cake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 408Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 2gSugar: 42gProtein: 5g