Flan is often thought of as a time consuming and difficult dessert to make, but the flan recipe that I have for you today is so quick and easy that it is pretty much foolproof. This caramel flan is an impressive dessert that anyone can make.
Yield: 6 servings
Quick and Easy Caramel Flan
A quick and easy dessert.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Additional Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours 50 minutes
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons (or so) caramel ice cream topping
- In a bowl beat eggs. Add sugar, vanilla, and salt. Whisk together and slowly add milk until well combined.
- Divide the caramel sauce between 6 ramekin or custard cups. If you do not have ramekins you can use small jars but this recipe may not come out of jars quite as well..)
- Place custard cups in a 9x13 pan and divide egg/milk mixture evenly among the cups.
- Fill 9x13 pan with about 1 inch of hot water. You do not want to pour this in the custard cups, just the outer 9x13 pan part. You are creating a water bath here.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. You want this to be slightly jiggly in the center.
- Remove custard cups carefully from water bath and let cool.
- Once cool, refrigerate for several hours. Once chilled completely through, carefully invert custard cups and unmold the custards onto a plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 192mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 0gSugar: 31gProtein: 11g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Adapted from Quick Cooking
Thank you for the tip! Melting the sugar is the most time consuming for me because I always burn it on first attempt all the time.. grrr.. as for the custard, eggyolks / condensed milk / evap milk is fool-proof. I’ve been using the mix for more than 10 years and it never failed me.