I made a quick and easy pasta recipe last night for dinner. It only took about 15 minutes to cook. While the pasta cooked I worked on the rest of the ingredients. I served it with bread that I had made earlier in the day.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta or gluten free pasta
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 egg yolks'
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces fresh spinach (more if you like spinach)
- Cook angel hair pasta.
- When done reserve 1 1/2 cups of the pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove from pan reserving 3 to 4 tablespoons of grease.
- Cook onion in bacon grease over medium heat until softened. I like mine to caramelize a little bit.
- Add the pasta cooking water to the onion and bring to boil.
- Stir in the drained noodles, egg yolks, and spinach.
- Remove from heat and stir until spinach wilts a little.
- Add bacon and parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 735mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.