Several years ago I discovered roasting vegetables. I had no idea how much flavor just roasting would give vegetables. I did not realize how much difference a simple thing, like cooking at a very high heat, would make for vegetables.
I now roast carrots, asparagus, and even things like green beans. A lot of times I just use a little butter or oil and salt and pepper, but sometimes I like to add a little more flavor to the vegetables.
This roasted cauliflower is simple, yet a little different, with the addition of garlic and parmesan cheese.
My kids love this, so if your kids are reluctant to eat cauliflower, you should give this a try. It really is good.
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the olive oil and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add cauliflower and cheese and mix well.
- Pour into a casserole dish or shallow pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cauliflower is slightly tender. Stir this at least once while cooking.
- Serve and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.