I have not given up posting recipes. I know my last few posts have been a little off the subject of recipes and preparing food. I will try…… to stay better focused. So, just in case you think I have forgotten about recipes here is a good one we tried this week.
What I like about Spaghetti Carbonara type meals are they make great meals for busy nights. They are definitely a 30 minute or less meal to put together. I have tried other recipes similar to this one but I have yet to find one that we really thought was great. Most were really good but not great. Then I tried this one. This is by far the best Spaghetti Carbonara I have made. We really liked this recipe. It had great texture and taste. I will be making this one again.
- 1 pound spaghetti or gluten free pasta
- 8 ounces (8 slices) bacon
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half ( I used 1/2 cream & 1/2 milk because that is what I had)
- Set a large pot of water to boil (for pasta).
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8 to 12 minutes; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Salt boiling water generously; add pasta and cook according to package instructions or until done.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, Parmesan, and half-and-half. Set aside.
- Drain pasta, leaving some water clinging to it. Working quickly, add hot pasta to egg mixture. Add bacon; season with salt and pepper, and toss all to combine (heat from pasta will cook eggs).
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with additional Parmesan cheese. Be careful my eggs scrambled a little so mix quickly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 245mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.