My family really enjoys stir fry type recipes. My girls love rice and will eat just about anything I serve over it. So, they are always ready and willing to eat my stir fry type dishes.
I like stir fry type dishes because in general they are healthy. Now, not all stir fries are, but most are healthier than your average dish. They are also usually quick and easy. In the time it takes for the rice to cook, I can make the rest of the meal. They are definitely a 30 minute or less meal to prepare.
The other thing I like about cooking stir fry is that they are usually frugal. Yes, they may contain some things like soy sauce, fish sauce, and hot sauce, but you don’t use much of those ingredients. A little goes a long way, I usually only use a couple of tablespoons or less per dish. So, a bottle will last you a long time.
This recipe is based on one that I saw in a magazine. When I saw the recipe I like the overall idea, but it contained some expensive and not your average ingredients. I changed it up a little to make it cost less and contain things that I had in my pantry.
We all really like this and I plan on making this dish quite a bit.
- 1 1/2 cups of rice white or brown
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of Sriracha Hot Chile Sauce, use more if you like it really hot (you find this in the Oriental section of the grocery store)
- Cook rice as directed.
- Mix fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and oil together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a pan brown ground beef until done.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sauce ingredients and chili sauce to meat and stir until heated through.
- Serve over rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 1134mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 23g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.