Triple Berry Spinach Salad is a quick and easy side dish perfect for summer!
This time of year it seems so easy to come up with simple side dishes. There are so many fruits and vegetables available that are easy and healthy to use in salads like this.
I recently made a simple spinach salad with blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. It was delicious! I love the combination of all three berries in this salad.
I love simple salads like this during the summer. They make a great side dish with grilled chicken, burgers, pork chops or just about any grilled meat. They are also great lunches. My husband loves salads like this for lunch.
We don’t eat nuts at home because of my daughter’s nut allergy, but if you can have pecans or almonds feel free to add some chopped pecans or sliced almonds to this salad. They make it even better.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed and dried well
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- In a bowl whisk together sugar, oil, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and salt.
- Place in refrigerator for several hours. This helps the sugar dissolve and the flavors to blend.
- For serving combine the spinach and dressing in a large bowl. Toss to coat well. I like to start with part of the dressing and toss and add more as needed.
- Then carefully stir in berries.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also serve the spinach, strawberries, and dressing separate and let everyone serve their own amounts of each.
If you are gluten free be sure to read labels to make sure that the ingredients are gluten free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.