Turkey, bacon, tomato, cheese, and avocado all in one sandwich served on whole wheat bread with spicy ranch dressing is a delicious and simple meal.
When I was contacted by Kraft about sharing a recipe using their salad dressing I knew I had to share my one of my son’s favorite ways to eat salad dressing.
We are a ranch loving family. There is almost always a bottle, or two or three, in our refrigerator. We love basic ranch, but we also enjoy trying the flavored ranch dressings as well.
Sometime over the last year my son discovered that he loves the flavored ranch dressings on his sandwiches. Instead of mayonnaise or mustard, he simple spreads the bread with salad dressing. At first I thought this was a little odd, but then I tried it and discovered he is right. A little salad dressing spread on your sandwich is delicious.
I love how it dresses up a basic sandwich. And it does not take much. The serving size of salad dressing is usually two tablespoons, but we rarely use that much because the dressing is so flavorful. We have found you use a lot less than you would mayonnaise.
One of the things I love about serving my family sandwiches for a quick dinner is how easy it is to make it a nutritious meal all by itself. Yes, you can add chips or fruit on the side, but you can also make it a meal on it’s own. My kids will eat their sandwiches piled high with lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, and more. It is an easy way to get some extra vegetables in my kids diet.
This sandwich also makes a great grab and go dinner. This works perfectly for us on nights where we have karate or other activities.
Turkey Bacon Tomato Cheese and Avocado Sandwich with Spicy Ranch Dressing
Makes 4 sandwiches
- 8 pieces whole wheat bread (Some in my family use gf bread too)
- Kraft Spicy Ranch or Three cheese salad dressing
- 4 slices cheese
- 4-8 pieces of bacon ( You can use two slices per sandwich or for a smaller sandwich just use once slice broken in half)
- 8 ounces sliced turkey meat
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 pieces lettuce
- Spread each piece of bread with salad dressing. This takes 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon per slice.
- Take 4 slices of bread and divide cheese, bacon, turkey, avocado, tomato, and lettuce between the four pieces of bread.
- Place remaining bread on top.
- Serve and enjoy!