What is not to like about macaroni and cheese? Noodles covered in cheese is always a good thing in my opinion.
We love macaroni and cheese and eat it often at our house. We eat usually eat it for lunch, but it also makes a great side or main dish for dinner.
Because we eat macaroni and cheese often, I like to change it up and make different versions. One easy way to change up macaroni and cheese is to use different cheeses.
One of my favorite cheeses to use for a different variation is pepper jack. Not only does pepper jack cheese add a little spiciness to the macaroni and cheese, but it gives it a nice creaminess that I don’t think you get with using just cheddar cheese.
What is your favorite version of macaroni and cheese to make?
Pepper Jack Macaroni and Cheese
- 1/2 lb elbow macaroni ( I used gluten free pasta)
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounce) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- Cook macaroni according to directions.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and cayenne pepper. Stir in cheese.
- Add cooked pasta and pour into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!