We love homemade pizza in our house. It is one of our favorite meals.
I grew up with a mom that made homemade pizza. And I have been making homemade pizza for years. In fact, I have eaten way more homemade pizza in my lifetime than I have restaurant pizza. We really do love homemade pizza.
And not only is homemade pizza good, it is much cheaper than eating pizza at a restaurant or having it delivered.
It has taken me a while to find a gluten free pizza crust that we enjoy, but I am so thankful I finally found one, because this means homemade pizza night is back at our house.
One of the things that I love about homemade pizza is how much you can vary it. You can do a basic pepperoni pizza or you can change it up and do something totally different.
One of our favorite ways to change it up is to make cheeseburger pizza. This is so easy and my kids always love it. If you add bacon to this basic recipe, you will have a bacon cheeseburger pizza and it is really good. After all bacon makes every thing better, right?
I have cooked this both in the oven and on the grill and it tastes great both ways.
Have you ever tried Cheeseburger Pizza?
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup colby jack cheese
- pizza crust, you can make your own crust or buy it, this is enough topping for 2 medium sized pizzas (or you can use my gluten free crust)
- Brown ground beef. Drain off any fat. Add the ketchup, mustard, pickles, and cheddar cheese to the cooked ground beef.
- Spread on pizza crust. (If I am using my gf crust or grilling this I partially bake the crust before putting the topping on.)
- Top with colby jack cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 15-18 minutes or until crust is done.