This might just be my family’s new favorite dinner. We love it!
And so far I have not only made it for my family, I have also taken it to a church dinner and made it to give a friend that has been sick. Everyone loved it.
This is one of those very simple, yet full of flavor dishes that is perfect for a quick and easy meal.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- In a skillet brown ground beef. Add green pepper and cook until pepper is tender.
- Add green chilies, salt, and spices to the meat mixture and set aside.
- In a bowl combine eggs and milk.
- In a 9 x13 pan layer 1/2 of meat and about 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese.
- Add another layer of meat and another layer of cheese. Leave remaining cheese to use on top after baking.
- Pour egg-milk mixture over the top of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and spread tomato sauce over top. Then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 7 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit about 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 198mgSodium: 731mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 33g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Adapted from Country Ground Beef Recipes.