Mexican food is one of my go to quick and easy meals, especially when it come to using my crock pot. There are so many options for meat and bean fillings that work perfectly cooked in the crock pot.
This filling works well served on tostada shells, but we also like it for a taco or burrito filling. This makes quite a bit so it is a great cook once, eat twice type meal. And it also freezes really well.
Slow Cooked Shredded Chipotle Beef Tacos
- 3-4 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 chipotle chilies, this is 2 peppers not 2 cans
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2-8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Place roast and onions in slow cooker.
- In a blender or food processor pureed remaining ingredients.
- Pour sauce over the roast/onions.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until beef is done and roast can be shredded.
- Shred meat and serve as a filling for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, or on tostada shells.