One of my favorite and most used appliances in my kitchen is my crock pot. I use it at least once a week, sometimes more.
During the fall and winter my crock pot is often used to cook soup. I love being able to spend a few minutes in the morning getting dinner started and have it ready and waiting at dinner time.
This bacon corn chowder that I have for you today is the perfect fall/winter soup. We love this with bacon, but sausage would work just as well in it.
Crock Pot Bacon Corn Chowder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch or so pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups milk
- 5 cups frozen corn
- ½ lb bacon cooked and diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook onion in oil until onion is tender.
- Place onion, potatoes, broth, and paprika in crock pot and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Add milk, corn, and bacon and cook on low an additional hour or until heated through and corn is tender.
- Stir in cheese until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!