I hope you all are not tired of baked oatmeal recipes, because I have another one for you today. And I think this one, might be my new favorite.
I came up with coconut baked oatmeal because I am really trying to work on making breakfast healthier.
Everyone in our family loves baked oatmeal and it is a healthy breakfast, so it works well for us and we eat it at least once a week. But since we eat it so often, I am always trying to come up with different versions to change it up. An this coconut baked oatmeal is my newest baked oatmeal creation.
I love making this coconut baked oatmeal the night before because all I have to do is put it in the oven in the morning. So easy and so good!
If you have never tried baked oatmeal, or are looking for tips for making baked oatmeal, I have shared some tips and ideas here.
Coconut Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups quick cooking oats- I use gluten free quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil ( you could use butter or regular oil here, but I like coconut oil for this one)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup yogurt, either plain or vanilla works
- 3/4 cup coconut
- Mix all ingredients together and stir well.
- Spread in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- If you like it a little crunchy on top cook for a few minutes longer.
- serve with warm milk poured over top.