My favorite thing about quesadillas is how easy they are to make. You can easily prepare all the ingredients ahead of time and just put them together when you are ready to cook and serve them.
For these breakfast quesadillas, I like to cook the meat the day before, or use leftover bacon or sausage. You can easily shred the cheese ahead of time or buy shredded cheese. I have even cooked the scrambled eggs the night before. Doing this all ahead will make getting breakfast on the table so much easier.
My family also enjoys these breakfast quesadillas for dinner because they are a quick and easy, yet filling dinner.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 lb of bacon or sausage, cooked and chopped
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups cheese
- 12 tortillas (corn, flour, or gluten free)
- Salsa for serving
- Whisk eggs with 4 tablespoons of water and cook in a pan, pushing the eggs around, and scrambling them.
- Divide the cooked eggs between six of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle the meat and cheese evenly over the eggs.
- Top with remaining tortillas.
- Cook in a skillet or fry pan. I either use an electric skillet or a cast iron pan, so I do not use any oil or butter, but you can use a little if you need to.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until slightly browned on one side and then flip over and continue cooking until slightly browned and cheese has melted.
- Serve with salsa and enjoy!