I originally posted this recipe in March of 2008. That was just a few weeks after I started this site. I decided it would be a good recipe to repost since I had very few readers back then. When I posted this recipe I actually posted only the recipe and nothing else. No description and no talking about it, just the recipe. Today, I thought I would post at least a little more information on them, because I really do like them. In fact, I need to make these again soon because my family loves these.
These are really good with frosting as a cupcake. The frosting is a really good and unique honey frosting that works on lots of other cupcakes and cakes. The cupcakes are good without the frosting, which makes them more muffin like. I have also made this recipe using part whole wheat and it worked well.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with liners.
- In a bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir just until incorporated.
- Spoon better into muffin pan lined with paper liners.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until done.
- Cool completely.
- Mix all together, beating for about 5 minutes.
- You want it light and fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Adapted from Martha Stewart.