Cinnamon Roll Muffins have the taste of a cinnamon roll without all the work!
I love cinnamon rolls. I love to make them and I love to eat them.
Cinnamon rolls are a special treat for my family though because I do not usually have the time to make them. That is why we love these cinnamon roll muffins.
Earlier this year when my whole family was home together for six weeks I made these muffins over and over again. I am pretty sure I was not the only one baking during March and April of 2020.
Baking ended up being a great way to spend a stressful time. And these muffins ended up being one of my favorite things to bake.
One of the things that I love about these cinnamon roll muffins is that they contain basic ingredients.
These are ingredients that I almost always have on hand.
I also love that these can be made gluten free. Yes, you can make gluten free cinnamon roll muffins. I used Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 flour blend and it worked just fine. If you are gluten free these are a great muffin to make.
- 2 cups all purpose flour or Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk (or milk with 1 teaspoon lemon juice added)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line muffin tin or grease well.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine butter, egg, and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- In small bowl combine topping mixture until it forms a crumbly mixture.
- Fold half of mixture into muffin batter. Set aside the remaining mixture.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the remaining topping mixture on muffins, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes. Remove muffins to wire rack to cool.
- While muffins are cooling mix together frosting ingredients.
- Drizzle frosting over cooled muffins.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 5g