Pumpkin bread is perfect for the fall and holidays. This delicious pumpkin bread is one of my favorites to make this time of year!
This is a recipe my sisters and I have made for years. I can’t even begin to count how many loaves of this I have made over the years. I have made it for my family. I have taken it to many holiday events. And I have given many loaves as gifts. That is how much I love this recipe.
I originally shared this recipe back in November of 2008. It is one of those recipes that we love, but it gets buried in the archives of my site. I updated the pictures and knew that I wanted to share it again with you all.
I have quite a few pumpkin bread and muffin recipes on my site. We love them all, but the recipe I am sharing today is my favorite holiday special treat type pumpkin bread. It is one of those recipes that we make year after year.
This bread is so good. It is not very healthy, but it so very good.
This bread is a treat. It is more dessert and cake like. My kids have been known to eat it for breakfast, but it is more of a dessert or a holiday breakfast treat.
I have been making this recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas for years. My sister first made this recipe years ago and it has become a must make for our whole family. It is adapted from a 1998 Taste of Home magazine.
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour ( Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gf blends works well for a gf version)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix, not instant you have to use the cook and serve
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add oil and pumpkin and mix until well combined.
- In another bowl combine the remaining ingredients and gradually beat into a pumpkin mixture.
- Pour batter into 2 large loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g