Today’s Souper Monday soup is a simple egg drop soup. It is a quick and easy soup to make and it is one of my favorite comfort food type soups.
I love the simplicity of egg drop soup. So simple and yet so good!
Now I am curious have you made egg drop soup before? Because if you have not, you really should give it a try.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1- 2 inch (or so) piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce ( Use gluten free soy sauce for gf version )
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 eggs, beaten
- In a large pot combine the chicken broth, ginger, soy sauce, and garlic and heat over medium low for 10 minutes.
- Remove the piece of ginger. (The ginger adds flavors the broth/soup, but you don't want the large piece in the soup so you remove it after it has cooked and added flavor to the broth.)
- In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch and water until well combined and then add to broth and cook until slightly thickened about 2 minutes.
- Stir the soup in a swirling circular motion.
- And slowly pour the eggs in. You want to pour it in a steady stream.
- Cook for about 1 minute and remove from the heat and let sit 2 minutes more.
- Break the eggs slightly using a fork or whisk.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 196mgSodium: 2139mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.