I love sharing desserts that are delicious and just happen to be gluten free. Yes, these delicious peanut butter bars are flourless, which means that they are gluten free. They are a gluten free dessert everyone will enjoy and they are so easy to make.
This recipe is based on a flourless peanut butter cookie that I have been making for years. I simply made it into bars to save time. Yes cookies are great, but sometimes you just need something quick and making them into bars makes them quick and easy.
Now I will admit that because of my daughter’s peanut allergy, I now make these with Sunbutter or another peanut free butter. It works great that way too. They turn out slightly different in taste and color, but they are still delicious.
If you love peanut butter or need a simple gluten free dessert you need to try these. They are simple and delicious! And you don’t have to add the chocolate chips, but I highly suggest it because chocolate makes everything better!
- 2 cups peanut butter, Sunbutter, or Soy Butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (If you are gluten free be sure to use gluten free chocolate chips.)
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Stir with wooden spoon and mix until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into a 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 34gProtein: 9g