These gluten free corn dog muffins are one of the easiest kid friendly meals you can make.
Corn dog muffins are great when you need a quick dinner, but they also work great for lunches. And they freeze well. These are perfect for making a double or triple batch and then keeping in the freezer for busy days.
My kids love these with a big chunk of hot dog in the middle, but you can also just chop up the hot dogs small and stir them into the batter instead of using a large chunk in the center.
You can also change them up a little my stirring some shredded cheese into the batter for a cheesy corn dog muffin.
These are quick, easy, kid friendly, and gluten free! We all need more recipes like that!
Gluten Free Corn Dog Muffins
The classic corn dog made gluten-free and into an easy to make muffin.
- 1 cup gluten-free cornmeal
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 6 gluten-free hot dogs, cut into 1 inch or so pieces
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease muffin pan. This makes about 12 muffins.
- In a bowl combine cornmeal, rice flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine melted shortening, buttermilk, milk, and egg. Whisk together.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir just until combined.
- Fill each muffin cup half full with batter.
- Place one piece of hot dog in each cup.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon more batter on top of the hot dog.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until done.
Variations: Stir in shredded cheese for a cheesy gluten-free corn dog muffin. Cut hot dog into small pieces and stir into batter. Place batter into muffin pans and cook.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 609mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.
Leave a Reply