We enjoy quesadillas at our house. We like to change it up a little so a few years ago we tried grilling them. We really enjoyed the results. They do get crispier with a slightly different texture but it also gives them a smokey taste.
I made a black bean version last night for dinner. This recipe is quick and simple. You can change it up depending on your tastes. You can easily cook this like you would normally cook a quesadilla.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups corn I used frozen that had been defrosted, you can use canned, but I like the taste of the frozen better.
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups of shredded cheese, your choice, we like Colby jack
- 12 tortillas, flour, corn, or gluten free
- Mix beans, corn, and salsa together.
- Place mixture on 5 of the tortillas and top with cheese.
- Place another tortilla top of each one.
- Place on grill over med to med low flame.
- Be careful not to get it too done.
- Carefully flip over. This is a little tricky. You just don't want any of the filling to fall out. This one got a little overcooked.
- Cut and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 594Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 1059mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 9gSugar: 3gProtein: 24g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.