This gluten free bread recipe makes a light and fluffy loaf that is delicious!
A reader recently let me know that she had tried my gluten-free dinner roll recipe as bread and she loved it. After she left the comment I realized that I had never shared the bread version with you.
I can’t believe I have never shared the bread version because I make it all the time. The reader was not the only one that loves that recipe as bread. My family loves it that way too.
I recently made this bread and was able to get a few pictures before my family devoured the loaf. It really is that good. A loaf does not last long at our house.
See how light and fluffy that is? It really is delicious. And not only that it is easy to make.
This gluten-free bread recipe is simply my gluten-free roll recipe made into a loaf of bread. I love the basic dough I use for my gluten-free rolls and I know some of you do as well.
After posting my roll recipe I did a follow-up post on gluten free brands and if they matter. For this recipe, I used all Bob’s Red Mill brand products and it has turned out great every time.
If you are missing bread this gluten-free bread is a must make. I have made this so many times over the last year. It is one of my favorite gluten-free doughs to work with and works great for bread, rolls, monkey bread, and even pizza. It is a great gluten-free dough.
I tested this light and fluffy gluten-free bread recipe using Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free flours, starches, and xanthan gum. Other brands may give you different results.
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (about 110 degrees)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/4 cups white rice flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- In the bowl of a mixer, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, adding the xanthan gum last. Mix using the dough hook of an electric mixer.
- Mix for about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl a few times. You do not knead this like regular bread dough, but it does need to be mixed well and I have found about 5 minutes is a good time.
- Spread dough into a greased loaf pan.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise for about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake at 375 for 30 - 32 minutes.
This gluten-free bread recipe was tested with Bob's Red Mill gluten-free flour, starches, and xanthan gum.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g