Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Bars are a breakfast your family is sure to love!
These breakfast bars are a cross between baked oatmeal and a granola bar. They are like a granola bar, but soft like baked oatmeal.
My kids loved these. I figured they would last several days for breakfast, but they were gone in no time.
Because these are similar to baked oatmeal they freeze well. They would also be great for taking in lunchboxes.
I added chocolate chips to these because we love chocolate, but they would be healthier without them. Since my daughter has a peanut allergy I use Sunbutter or Wowbutter in these and it works great.
Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Bars
Make breakfast fun and delicious with these peanut butter banana breakfast bars.
- 4 1/2 cups quick cooking oats ( I use gluten free quick oats)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients until well combined.
- Spread into a greased 11 x 14 jelly roll type pan.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes. If you want them more firm cook for a few minutes longer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 405mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 5gSugar: 21gProtein: 11g
Did the baking powder make them rise at all?
Not very much at all. They are soft, but not light and fluffy. I hope that helps answer your question. And sorry that it took me so long to answer.