If you love the flavor of pizza, but don’t want to heat up your oven, pizza pasta salad is a great option. It is the flavors of pizza mixed with pasta. Delicious!!
My kids love this and it makes a great lunch or quick and easy dinner. And you could really change this up adding whatever you like to it.
I think it would be good with some mushrooms and even peppers added, but my kids would disagree with me on that. They like it just the way it is.
- 1 pound penne or spiral noodles, cooked and drained, use gluten free pasta for gluten free version
- 1 tomato diced ( I used cherry tomatoes because that is what I had from the garden)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 5 ounces pepperoni slices
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- In a bowl combine cooked pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni.
- In a small bowl combine oil, parmesan cheese, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Pour over pasta and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. This is best served the day it is made.
If you are gluten-free use gluten-free pasta and read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 865mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.