Quick and easy dinners are the best! If you need an easy dinner idea for this week try this easy beef and rice dinner.
If you are anything like me than you love easy dinner recipes. We are all busy. We need quick and easy recipes that our whole family will enjoy.
Easy beef and rice is just that. This is a simple six ingredient dinner. It contains ingredients that you probably have on hand. It is also normal food that is gluten free.
This recipe is adapted years ago from my quick and easy beef and barley dinner. (If you click over to that beef and barley recipe please ignore the really bad pictures and post. Because I eat gluten free I can’t have barley anymore and I haven’t been able to update that post. However, if you can have barley and enjoy it, the barley version is a great recipe too. )
This beef and rice dinner is a main dish. You can add salad or vegetables to it and have an easy dinner.
If you want to make it a side dish, just leave the ground beef out. If you want to change up the meat use ground turkey or chicken. Ground venison works as well.
A couple of people in my family have been known to add cheese to theirs when they eat it. Cheese is not necessary. This is great just like it is.
However, if you have a picky eater in your family sprinkle some cheese on it and they will probably like it even more.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid
- 2 cups beef broth or use water and beef bouillon ( If you are gluten free be sure your broth or bouillon is gluten free)
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until the meat is no longer pink and the onion is tender. Drain off any fat.
- Stir in rice and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until rice is slightly opaque.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover and simmer for about 20-22 minutes or until rice is tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 708mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 25g