Pizza night can be quick and easy with homemade tortilla pizza!
Tortilla pizza has been one of my favorite ways to make pizza this summer. It is quick and easy to make and everyone can top it just the way they like it.
I have been making pizza on tortillas for years, but this summer it has become an almost weekly dinner for us.
The nice thing about tortilla pizza is that it doesn’t take long to bake. This makes it perfect for hot summer days because it gives you homemade pizza without using the oven for as long as you need to for regular homemade pizza.
I also love that tortillas make it easy for everyone to get their own individual pizza. Or pizzas if you are my teenage son. He now eats like three of these…
I also love that it is easy to make gluten free. When we make these my son and husband use flour tortillas. My girls and I use gluten free tortillas like Udi’s or a gluten free wrap. Both work well.
Now, I will admit this is not quite the same as a nice homemade pizza with a thick crust. It isn’t. It is delicious, but not quite the same.
This gives you a thin crispy crust. When the weather cools off and weather slows down, I will definitely be going back to regular pizza, but for summer and busy nights tortilla pizza will continue to be a favorite for us!
- 6 flour tortillas or gluten free tortillas
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces pepperoni
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon
- olives, optional
- other toppings of your choice
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or shredded pizza cheese
- Place tortillas on a cookie sheet. Spread about 2 tablespoons of sauce on each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of cheese. Place desired toppings on. Sprinkle with more cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 6-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are starting to crisp up.
For a gluten free version use gluten free tortillas.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 494Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 1274mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 25g