I am always looking for easy, but healthy things to serve for breakfast. I all to often serve cold cereal or yogurt and toast. I am trying to get better, really I am, but I struggle with breakfast ideas. So, I am really trying to come up with things that work for us.
One of the things that my family does like for breakfast, and I like to make, is baked oatmeal. I have a basic recipe that I make and we serve it with fruit and milk. But I have been wanting something different. So I tried a few things and I came up with a peanut butter version of baked oatmeal.
My family loves this. My son who does not like oatmeal or baked oatmeal, even thinks this is good. My husband, the peanut butter lover of the family, thought this was really good.
I like the flavor of the peanut butter in this, but I also like the fact that it makes it a little more filling. I used brown sugar in this and I think it works much better than white sugar. It really gives it some extra flavor.
Our favorite way to eat this is with a little milk poured on top of it.
This recipe makes enough for our family of 5, with enough leftover for my husband to have it for breakfast the next day.
Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
A simple and delicious breakfast treat!
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Total time:30 minutes
- 3 cups quick cooking oats ( I use gluten free quick oats)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl mix together all ingredients until well combined.
3. Great a 9×13 pan and spread mixture into pan.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes. If you like it a little more firm and crunch cook for a few minutes longer.
5. Serve with warm milk over top.