I will start by saying this is really not a lasagna at all. When I think of lasagna, I think of layers of noodles, covered in cheese and sauce.
This Mexican lasagna is layered, and is covered in cheese and sauce, but they are totally different kinds of layers than lasagna because this uses tortillas.
There are many versions of Mexican lasagna, but most of them contain ground beef and a red enchilada sauce. I like this version because it contains chicken and uses a green enchilada sauce instead of the basic red one.
You all have been asking for more chicken recipes, so I hope you enjoy this one.
Mexican Chicken Lasagna
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 can black bean, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 1 – 19 ounce can of green enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- In a bowl mix together cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, beans, and chicken.
- Spread about 1/4 of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Layer 3 tortillas on top of the sauce.
- Spread about 1/3 of the chicken mixture over tortillas. Repeat ending with tortillas and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until heated through.
This post linked to Tasty Tuesday.