If you are looking for something a little healthier for pizza night, this pizza is for you. Asparagus, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella baked on a homemade pizza crust. Delicious!
And that is coming from someone that doesn’t like asparagus. Yes, I am the only non-asparagus lover in my family, but cover it in cheese and stick it on a pizza crust and I am all for it. This was really good!
What are your thoughts on asparagus? Do you love it or hate it?
Fresh Asparagus and Tomato Pizza
- pizza dough for 1 10 inch pizza- homemade pizza crust, gluten free pizza crust, or store bought
- 10 spears fresh asparagus, cut into about 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- In a skillet cook asparagus in 2 tablespoons of oil until crisp tender. This takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt, and italian seasoning. Cook for about 1 minute or until tomatoes just start to release some of their juices.
- Prebake crust for about 5 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Place mozzarella cheese slices on pizza crust and top with asparagus and tomato mixture. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza is done.