If you are gluten free and love blueberries these gluten free sour cream blueberry pancakes are a must make!
I have been making sour cream blueberry pancakes for years. We love them as a fun way to change up our weekly Saturday pancake breakfast.
Over the last few years I have changed these up with different gluten free flours and I think I finally have a favorite. These are so close to the original recipe that even my gluten eating son and husband can’t tell the difference.
The sour cream in these pancakes makes them a little different, but it gives them a rich taste and texture that is delicious! I usually make these with blueberries, but I have used raspberries, peaches, and strawberries in them and they all turn out great.
Serve these with butter and syrup. Delicious!
Gluten Free Sour Cream Blueberry Pancakes
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl combine brown rice flour, white rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine eggs, milk, sour cream, and butter.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter by the 1/4 cup full onto hot griddle or skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and flip pancakes over and cook 2 minutes more or until done.
- Serve with butter and syrup.