Refried Bean Soup is a quick and easy dinner that uses everyday ingredients. It is a simple meal that is sure to become a family favorite.
This is one of those weeks where I feel like I need to keep meals quick, easy, and healthy.
It is after Thanksgiving, but before Christmas. Over the next few weeks we will all probably eat way more food than we should. If your schedule is anything like mine you will also probably be very busy over the next few weeks.
So today I am keeping it easy and some what healthy.
What I love about this soup is that it is simple and uses everyday ingredients. We all need more recipes that are easy and don’t break the grocery budget.
I make this in the crock pot because it makes it a little easier for me, but you can also just heat this ingredients on the stove for a dinner that will be done in less than 20 minutes. Either way it is delicious and I give directions for both below.
Tools that make this easier.
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting this site and what I do.
Refried Bean Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2- 16 ounce cans refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1- 14 1/2 ounce can beef broth
- cheese, chips, etc. for serving
- Cook ground beef and onion until beef is browned and done and onion is tender. Drain off any fat.
- Stir in beans, salsa, and broth. Cook over medium low until heated completely through. Or combine cooked meat and remaining ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with cheese, chips, and other desired toppings.