This simple chicken burrito casserole contains only five ingredients. It is a simple casserole that is quick and easy to make!
I love sharing simple recipes like this 5 Ingredient Chicken Burrito Casserole. It is so quick and easy to make and tastes great!
Let me start by saying that this recipe contains green salsa. I have decided that any recipe that contains green salsa should not be photographed. Green salsa might taste great, but it makes food ugly. Really ugly.
I have made this recipe several times in the last few months, and every time I make it I try to get better photos. And every time they look as bad, if not worse, than the ones before.
I decided though that this would not stop me from sharing this recipe. My family loves it and I think yours will too. It might not be the prettiest recipe that I have shared, but it is delicious! And too good not to share with you all.
This recipe contains one of my new favorite ingredients. Not the green salsa I mentioned above, but this one.
My sister first told me about these white chili beans a few months ago. She thought I would like them and told me I needed to try them. I have never used them before and did not remember ever seeing them, but I found them right next to the regular chili beans. Somehow I missed seeing them at the grocery store before now.
My sister was right and I am so glad she convinced me to try them. After using them in several recipes, I love them!
They work great in mexican chicken type dishes. Today’s recipe is one of my favorite ways to use them. The fact that they are chili beans helps give recipes a creaminess that plain beans don’t have. Since they are Bush’s White Chili Beans they are gluten free.
And just a side note. This is not a sponsored post. Bush’s Beans is not paying me to say that. I just love this product and have been using it in quite a few recipes.
This recipe only contains five ingredients which makes it a simple, quick and easy dinner. It also freezes great. I have two pans in my freezer right now waiting to be used on a busy day when I don’t have time to cook.
If you are looking for more 5 ingredient or less recipe be sure to check out my 5 ingredient or less recipes.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cut into chunks
- 1- 15 ounce can white chili beans ( I use gluten free ones)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde or green salsa
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas or about 10 corn tortillas ( I use corn tortillas or gf tortillas)
- In a bowl combine cooked chicken, white chili beans, and half of the salsa.
- Line a 9x13 pan with half of the tortillas. Cutting if needed to fit the pan.
- Spread the meat mixture on top of the tortillas.
- Sprinkled with half of the cheese.
- Place remaining tortillas on top. Cutting if needed to fit the pan.
- Spread the remaining salsa on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 819mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 23g