Apple Chicken Salad is so quick and easy to make and tastes great!
This chicken apple salad is based on a salad I have had several times at a restaurant. I loved the salad and knew I had to recreate it at home.
I came up with a simple dressing and salad that we love.
You can use any kind of cooked chicken that you have. I like to use leftover grilled chicken or leftover rotisserie chicken.
The salad I had at the restaurant used Gorgonzola cheese, so that is what I use in this. You can use a different cheese, but the Gorgonzola adds so much flavor to this that I really think it is best in this.
If you need a quick and easy lunch or dinner main dish salad this salad is a must try!
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cups apple chips (These are the dried apple chips, not fresh apples)
- 6 cups mixed greens or lettuce
- ¼ of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half or fresh tomatoes cut into chunks
- ½ cup Gorgonzola or other similar cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove minced garlic
- In a jar or container combine dressing ingredients. Whisk together well.
- In a large bowl toss salad ingredients together.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss or serve dressing on the side. I prefer to serve the dressing on the side so each person can use the amount of dressing that they want.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 443Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 487mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 21gProtein: 26g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.