Cake for breakfast?! Yes please! With this applesauce muffin cake you can have cake for breakfast!
This is a great breakfast for kids because kids love being able to eat cake for breakfast!
My family loves muffins. We make them at least once a week and always have our freezer well stocked with them for easy breakfasts and snacks.
I recently decided to change muffins up a little and turn them into a breakfast cake. It turned out delicious!
This breakfast cake was also easy to make gluten free by using a gluten free flour blend. I don’t usually like gluten free flour blends in muffins because of the xanthan gum, but for this cake it worked great. The gf blend I used is listed in the recipe.
Now go make yourself some cake for breakfast!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups applesauce
- 4 cups flour ( I use Bob’s Gluten Free 1 to 1 Blend for the gf version)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in applesauce.
- Gradually add flour mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cool and reheat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g