During the summer I love to cook quick and easy meals that don’t heat up the kitchen.
I would be perfectly happy with a light dinner, or a salad for dinner, but my husband and kids usually disagree with me on that one. They still enjoy a regular full meal, even during the heat of the summer.
Over time I have developed a few quick and easy recipes that don’t involve heating up the kitchen but are still hearty and filling meals.
Today’s recipe is an example of that. It is fun version of a classic sandwich. It is simply a bacon and egg salad sandwich.
Think egg salad sandwich with bacon mixed in. YUM! Bacon really does make everything better doesn’t it. 🙂
- 8 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- pepper to taste
- 8-10 or so slices of bread
- Chop eggs and place into a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined. You do not want to over mix or mash the eggs so mix carefully.
- Spread on bread to make sandwiches and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 474Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 407mgSodium: 1031mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.