BLS Salad is a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, but in salad form with creamy buttermilk dressing. It is pure deliciousness. I think I could eat this salad everyday.
Crisp lettuce, chunks of bacon, creamy dressing, sliced tomatoes, and homemade croutons are a combination that everyone will love.
I have a feeling this salad will be on our menu often during the spring and summer.
- 1/2 pound of bacon, cooked and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Lettuce- about 1 pound, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- homemade croutons- You can use whatever croutons you like, but really homemade croutons make this so much better.
- In a small bowl or jar whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, and italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On 4 plates layer lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and croutons.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
If you are gluten-free use gluten-free croutons.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 428Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 1188mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 23g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.