Chocolate Crinkle Cookies seem to be one of those classic cookies that everyone has a version of. I know they are a cookie that I have always enjoyed.
My gluten free cookie challenge for the year has inspired me to branch out and convert more and more recipes to gluten free. These gluten free chocolate crinkle cookies are one of the recent ones I converted and we loved.
The one trick to these is to be sure not to over bake them. Well, if you like crispy cookies, feel free to over bake them. In our house we prefer soft and fudgy cookies, so I am careful about how long I bake them.
If you are looking for more gluten free cookies here are a few ideas.
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, for rolling cookies in
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a bowl combine rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and regular sugar. Add eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Add in flour/cocoa mixture and mix until combined.
- Roll in powdered sugar and place on a cookie sheet. Flatten slightly,
- Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes. You do not want to over cook these. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.