Canadian bacon pizza is one of my favorite kinds of pizza after all, so why not eat something similar in a soup.
This soup is actually a lot like a basic potato, or a sausage potato soup, but the meat in this is Canadian bacon, which I think it makes for a nice change. And of course cheese added to soup almost always makes it better.
The original version for this soup came from an old Taste of Home magazine, but it is so tweaked by now that it is not really like the original version at all. But the fun thing about a basic soup like this is that you can change it up and add whatever flavors you like to it to make it your own.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces of Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pan place saute onion in oil until tender and then add potatoes and chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are tender. This takes about 15-18 minutes.
- When potatoes are done mash the potatoes. You want some chunks of potatoes left, but not a lot.
- Add milk, Canadian bacon and cheese. Cook until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you are gluten-free be sure to read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 1294mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 27g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.