Homemade granola bars are easy to make and they are great because you get to control the ingredients!
I have been making homemade granola bars for years. Yes, you can buy a box in the grocery store, but homemade ones are so much better because you can control the ingredients and make them just the way you like them.
Now, I am not saying these are necessarily healthy, but at least I know what is in them.
I have made many versions of homemade granola bars over the years and these Chex granola bars are our current favorite. My kids love the crunch that the Chex cereal gives the granola bars.
They are not a crunchy or hard granola bar. They are a chewy granola bar with a slight crunch. It ends up being a perfect balance between chewy and crunchy.
We like these with chocolate chips, but you could easily leave them plain or add raisins or other dried fruit to them.
These are a snack your family is sure to love!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 cups quick oats ( I use gluten free quick oats)
- 3-4 cups rice Chex or other Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Grease a 9x13 pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large pan heat butter, brown sugar, and honey. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for about 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in oats and Chex cereal.
- Press mixture into 9x13 pan.
- Press mini chocolate chips onto the top of the bars.
- Let set for several hours or overnight.
- Cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 241mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g