Need a quick and easy dinner idea? These chicken bacon avocado lettuce wraps are quick, easy, and delicious!
Last Friday I had some leftover rotisserie chicken and a few other things in the fridge that needed used up. We had spent most of the day working around the house on some projects and it was hot outside, so I decided instead of pizza night we needed a quick and easy dinner that would use up some of the leftovers.
I decided to put together a salad type dinner. I mixed together a few things and served them on lettuce. They were easy and delicious. Just what I needed for that evening.
I will admit that we also grilled some meat to go along with it. The lettuce wraps were fine for most of the family, but my husband and son prefer a more filling dinner. So I will keep it real and let you know that although some in my family consider this a perfectly fine meal, others think of it as more of a side dish.
Either way you serve it, it is delicious!
The measurements I am giving for the recipe though are not exact. Mainly because I didn’t really measure it and you don’t need to either. This is one of those recipes that is easy to vary with the amounts that you have on hand.
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 slices cooked bacon, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado cut into bit sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- In a bowl combine cooked chicken, bacon, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and olives. Be careful not to over mix. You don't want to smash the avocado.
- Pour in some Italian dressing. I use a couple tablespoons. Stir to combined.
- Serve on lettuce.
If you are gluten free be sure to read labels to make sure the ingredients are gluten free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 510mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 30g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.