This chocolate custard is one of the richest and creamiest desserts that I have made in a long time.
Seriously, this chocolate dessert is really good. It is also really easy to make.
Chocolate custard is basically a baked chocolate pudding that has a little different texture than a regular pudding. It is also a bit different than a normal custard because it contains chocolate.
So, if you have tried custards before and not liked them, this is a version that I think you will enjoy.
I liked this served on its own, but it is also good served with a little whipped cream on top.
- ¾ cup cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted ( I melt them in the microwave, at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bring the cream and milk to a boil and remove from heat. Add in vanilla. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat egg yolks, sugar, and salt. Beat in melted chocolate. Gradually which in cream/milk mixture.
- Divide mixture among 4- 6 ounce ramekins. You can use a different size ramekin, just adjust the cooking time for a large or smaller ramekin.
- Place ramekins in a 9x13 pan that has been filled with ½ inch of hot water. (You are creating a water bath.)
- Bake custards for 40-45 minutes or until slightly wobbly. Remove dishes from hot water, let cool, and refrigerate until completely cooled or over night.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 192mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 6g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.