I love mousse. It is such a rich and creamy dessert that you can use so many different ways. You can serve it on it’s own, but you can also serve it as a topping to brownie. It works great as a layer in a trifle, in a pie, or even as a frosting on a cake.
Some mousse recipes are hard and complicated. This recipe is neither of those things. This is easy and always turns out. The marshmallows in it give it its unique, but perfect texture.
Chocolate Marshmallow Mousse
Chocolate Marshmallow Mousse is an easy and delicious chocolate dessert.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine milk, marshmallows, and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until marshmallows and chocolate are melted then add vanilla.
- Pour into medium bowl and set bowl over larger bowl of ice water. Let stand, whisking often, until mixture is cool and thickened, 10-15 minutes. This is an important step, don't try to leave it out. It is easy to do and helps give this the texture that it has.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream until cream just holds stiff peaks.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into whipped cream. Spoon into dessert cups and refrigerate for about 2 hours or up to 2 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
That looks simply fantastic Lynn! I love the idea of using marshmallows in a mousse =D.
.-= Lauren´s last blog ..Haiti Ebook =-.
Tina @ Mommy's Kitchen
Oh yummy my kids would flip for this. I hope you had a awesome time at blissdome Lynn, I missed ya.
This looks great- when do I put in the vanilla?
@Leah, Sorry about that. I fixed it in the post. You add it after you melt the chocolate and marshmallows.
Made for last night’s dessert, and it was fantastic! I put it in some wine glasses to make the dessert a little more fancy (as mousse should be!) but I would have been fine with half that amount- next time, I’ll use little cups like in the picture! Thanks for the recipe!
How many servings does the Chocolate Marshmallow Mousse make?
I would say 6-8 depending on the serving size.