I saw this recipe several months ago on the Everyday Baking website. I knew right away this was one that I wanted to try for our Christmas party. I made it for Thanksgiving to make sure that we like it and we did. Everyone thought that is was great and it looks really nice. I like it because you can cut the pieces as big or small as you need.
For the Crust:
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies or use chocolate graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 packages bar cream cheese, (8 ounces each)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice ( I used just cinnamon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. Set aside.
- If you are going to serve these on a platter do this step. It makes them much prettier when you cut them.
- In a food processor, blend cookies with sugar until finely ground (you should have about 1 cup crumbs); add butter, and pulse until moistened. (or do this by hand)
- Transfer crumb mixture to prepared pan, and press gently into bottom. Bake until slightly firm, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place cream cheese in a food processor or mixer and blend until smooth. Add sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; process until combined. Set aside.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each until melted. Add 1 cup pumpkin mixture; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Pour the remaining pumpkin mixture into the prepared pan. Drop dollops of chocolate mixture onto pumpkin mixture; swirl. Bake until cheesecake is set but jiggles slightly when gently shaken, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan. Cover and chill until firm, at least 2 hours (and up to 2 days). Using overhang, transfer cake to work surface. With a knife dipped in water, cut into 16 squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 443mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 3gSugar: 44gProtein: 7g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.